Sunday, April 5, 2009

I shared an idea I had with John today: There are a lot of people out of work, wanting to make more money, and some might want to invest in real estate but don't have the money to do it. A lot of people know it's a good time to buy, but can't afford to for various reasons. How about if we (John and I) buy a property, say a fixer upper house and give a few options for people to become a part of investing with us.
Allow people to log work hours on the house.
We don't pay them until we sell or refinance the house.
Our investment workers could be paid with money or if we refinance, part ownership. That would be discussed up front. Perhaps more than one property could be in progress at a time.
Is this something that would interest people?
It would be a good way to invest in real estate, without any financial risk.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Its nice to see you guys are doing great! Is there anything we could work out for this house I live in on Flanagan? I love the house, though I know its needs alot of roof and foundation work. I am hoping to stay for maybe 2 years here in the states. Any Ideas on a plan? Anything to help reduce the rent? Thanks! Sue Pearson

John and Laura Holbrook said...

Sue, I'll share your post with John. I tried to comment back, but it said you had not gone public, or something like that, so I couldn't respond, but I know your email, so I'll do it that way. Thanks for visiting this site.

John and Laura Holbrook said...

Looks like it worked anyway!:)

sue said...

Thank you!

Suz said...

Thank you!